2018 CPT Coding Updates for HIM Professionals
Each year the CPT code set undergoes significant changes, and your coding staff needs to be aware of the changes in order to ensure a smooth transition into 2018. Join us for a discussion of the new, deleted and revised CPT codes and associated guidelines.
During this complimentary 90-minute webinar, we will empower you to correctly apply these new and revised codes and discuss the rationale behind this year’s changes. We will focus on the sections of the CPT book most often utilized by HIM staff; specifically, the Evaluation and Management (E/M) section, the Surgery section and a review of pertinent Category III codes.
Following attendance of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Evaluate CPT code changes for the Surgery and E/M sections of the code book
- Review of the pertinent coding changes related to the Category III codes
- Discuss other changes to guidelines affecting these sections of the code book
- Review of the rationale behind the identified code changes
- Present coding examples related to the new codes for 2018