E/M Coding for Physicians:
Manage the Guidelines and Evaluate the Documentation to Ensure Accurate Reimbursement
This complimentary, 75-minute webinar will thoroughly review the guidelines for E/M code assignment as well as the documentation requirements for each component.
We will discuss the role of time in determining the appropriate E/M level of service and the differences between new and established patients as well as exploring the ins and outs of medical necessity requirements. We will also examine billing guidelines for common E/M services including prolonged services, preventive care, risk factor reduction counseling, critical care and advanced care planning.
Following attendance of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Review the key components necessary to bill for E/M services
- Discuss documentation requirements and common pitfalls to avoid
- Outline differences between new and established patients
- Identify medical necessity requirements related to E/M services
- Discuss the use of time as a determining factor when assigning E/M level
- Review appropriate assignment of codes for prolonged services, preventive care, critical care and advanced care planning