During this complimentary, 60-minute educational session, VitalWare's Director of Data Integrity, Jennifer Bishop, will help you understand the complex coding rules related to infusion and injection services and enable you to confidently and accurately assign codes for these services.
We will review common documentation issues, key concepts and the coding hierarchy used to assign infusion and injection services for facilities. If you’ve ever found yourself questioning the differences between concurrent and sequential infusions or wondering which drugs qualify as highly complex biologic agents, join us for this informative educational session.
This webinar will:
- Review the basic concepts for initial, concurrent and sequential infusions
- Identify the appropriate use of codes for hydration, complex drug infusion/injection and other therapeutic drug infusion/injection
- Discuss documentation requirements for various Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs)
- Understand the structure and purpose of the coding hierarchy for infusion/injection services
- Apply CPT codes using real-world examples of patients receiving infusion services